Written by: Jessica Diamond, MPH, RDN
There are so many cups sold for babies, kids, and toddlers that it’s enough to make your head spin. So instead of purchasing more than you need for trial and error, here our top picks for smoothie cups. Not only do these work great for babies, but many are great for adults too. Your kid will love a matching smoothie cup with you.
Disclaimer: Always clear these recommendations with your healthcare team because every situation is different! Also, this article contains affiliate links, which means that a percentage of your purchase goes to support Meaning Full Living at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting us!
Glass and Silicone Cups:
- WeeSprout Glass and Silicone Cup: These are the perfect at-home straw cups. They are wrapped in food-grade silicone with a silicone straw designed to be great for water, milk, and thicker drinks like smoothies. Plus, the straw has a stopper on it so your kid can’t pull it out and “paint the table” with their drink! The soft silicone straw is great for speech and oral development, and the cup, which has measurements on it, can double as a snack container or freezer-safe baby food jar.
- Elk & Friends Mason Jar Glass and Silicone Cup (small version and large version): Like the WeeSprout cups, these glass cups are wrapped in food-grade silicone with a silicone straw, which is the perfect alternative to plastic. They have all the same benefits as the WeeSprout cups and come in the cutest colors. All Elk & Friends products are made from natural materials and independently tested to ensure they are safe for your child and the environment.
- Jumpin Jar Glass and Silicone Cup: The glass and silicone cups are FDA tested and BPA, phthalate, and lead-free. Like the two cups above, they have a larger silicone straw and a stopper that is great for all beverage types, including thicker liquids like smoothies.
Stainless Steel Cups:
- Elk & Friends Stainless Steel and Silicone Cup: If you’re looking for a stainless steel instead of glass option, this is your cup. It’s premium stainless steel with a food-grade silicone cover and has all the same features as the glass Elk & Friends cup.
- Contigo Stainless Steel Cup: Contigo is the OG of kids smoothie cups and this one is made from a stainless steel cup with a BPA free lid. It has the cutest designs, thermalock doubled walled vacuum insulation which keeps drinks cold for up to 10 hours and fits most cup holders which makes it a nice on-the-go option.
Plastic Smoothie Cup:
- Contigo BPA-Free Plastic Smoothie Cup: Contigo’s original smoothie cup is BPA free, has a stopper on the straw meaning less mess and kits most car cup holders. The straw also twists apart for easy cleaning which is so nice!
The glass and silicone cups are also great for adults as is our favorite Yeti Tumbler with a silicone straw or stainless steel straw added!
Favorite Smoothie Recipes: