Written by: Jessica Diamond, MPH, RDN & Hayley Hubbard
There are so many cups sold for babies, kids, and toddlers that it’s enough to make your head spin. So instead of purchasing more than you need for trial and error, here our top picks for smoothie cups. Not only do these work great for babies, but many are great for adults too. Your kid will love a matching smoothie cup with you.
Disclaimer: Always clear these recommendations with your healthcare team because every situation is different! Also, this article contains affiliate links, which means that a percentage of your purchase goes to support Meaning Full Living at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting us!
Glass and Silicone Cups:
- WeeSprout Glass and Silicone Cup: Perfect for the at-home smoothie, these glass cups wrapped in food grade silicone with a silicone straw are the perfect alternative to plastic cups and great for smoothies. The straw itself is XL for easy drinking of smoothies and milkshakes plus it has a stopper on it so your kid cant pull the straw out and “paint the table” with a smoothie! The soft silicone straw is great for speech & oral development. It also doubles as a snack container and baby food jar with measurement on it – it’s freezer safe and we love them!
- Elk & Friends Mason Jar Glass and Silicone Cup (small version and large version): Like the WeeSprout cups, these glass cups are wrapped in food grade silicone with a silicone straw which is the perfect alternative to plastic. All Elk & Friends products are made from quality, natural material and independently tested to ensure they are safe for your child and environment. The silicone sleeve comes in the cutest colors and helps protect from bumps and drops as well as greater grip for little hands. The cups itself are made with a silicone straw that has a stopper attached which means no more mess with kids pulling out the straw and the straw is wider making it perfect for thicker smoothies and milk. Oh and they double as a snack food container so they’re very versatile and the cups and straws are dishwasher, freezer, and microwave safe.
- Jumpin Jar Glass and Silicone Cup: The glass and silicone cups are BPA, phthalate, and lead free and FDA tested. They also have a larger silicone straw meaning they are great for smoothies and thicker beverages and a stopper which means no more mess with kids pulling out the straw.
Stainless Steel Cups:
- Elk & Friends Stainless Steel and Silicone Cup: If you’re looking for a stainless steel option over glass, this is your cup. It made with premium stainless steel with food grade silicone cover. It has all the same features as the glass Elk & Friends cup including a wider straw for easy drinking of smoothies and other thicker drinks, has a stopper on the straw which means no more mess with kids pulling out the straw, and doubles as a food container.
- Contigo Stainless Steel Cup: Contigo is the OG of kids smoothie cups and this one is made from a stainless steel cup with a BPA free lid. It has the cutest designs, thermalock doubled walled vacuum insulation which keeps drinks cold for up to 10 hours and fits most cup holders which makes it a nice on-the-go option.
Plastic Smoothie Cup:
- Contigo BPA-Free Plastic Smoothie Cup: Contigo’s original smoothie cup is BPA free, has a stopper on the straw meaning less mess and kits most car cup holders. The straw also twists apart for easy cleaning which is so nice!
The glass and silicone cups are also great for adults as is our favorite Yeti Tumbler with a silicone straw or stainless steel straw added!
Favorite Smoothie Recipes: